NEPTL Volunteer Coordinator Job Description
The Northeast Portland Tool Library, a 501(c)(3) organization, provides Northeast Portland residents of all income levels access to tools, empowering our neighbors to build and maintain a sustainable, thriving community. NEPTL is hiring a part-time staff person to oversee shifts and manage and recruit volunteers.
The NEPTL Volunteer Coordinator will oversee library operations and manage a growing team of volunteers, without whom the library would not be possible. NEPTL is open Saturdays 9am – 2pm and Tuesdays and Wednesdays 5:30pm-7:30pm. This position will report to the Chair of the NEPTL Board of Directors.
- Compensation: $15/hour
- Hourly, non-exempt: part-time 10 hours/wk
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the library
- Be present at the library for the first portion of shifts (Tues/Wed 5-6:30 pm, Sat 8:30 am-12:30 pm)
- Open the library doors, assist in set-up duties and ensure volunteers are prepared
- Assist as needed in general organization of tools, database, and operations
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Board chair
- Volunteer coordination and recruitment
- Schedule, train, mentor and recruit volunteers
- Organize volunteer trainings and appreciations
The NEPTL Volunteer Coordinator will be:
- A welcoming and inclusive representative of this community organization
- A self-directed problem solver
- Someone who works well with a diverse group of volunteers and members
- Someone familiar with Tool Librarian and Square (or a willingness to learn these applications quickly)
- As a plus (although not required), the NEPTL Volunteer Coordinator will have experience with Vertical Response email marketing software and be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
NEPTL is committed to hiring without discrimination against individuals on the basis of race,color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
The NEPTL Volunteer Coordinator may be asked to attend occasional monthly Board meetings to present updates to the Board. Beyond the open hours of the library, the weekly schedule is largely flexible. Finalists may be subject to a background check.
Email a cover letter, resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “NEPTL Volunteer Coordinator.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.