NEPTL Volunteer Coordinator Job Description
The Northeast Portland Tool Library (NEPTL), a 501(c)(3) organization, provides Northeast Portland residents of all income levels access to tools, empowering our neighbors to build and maintain a sustainable, thriving community. NEPTL is hiring a part time staff person to oversee shifts and manage and recruit volunteers.
The NEPTL Volunteer Coordinator will oversee library operations and manage a growing team of volunteers, without whom the library would not be possible. NEPTL is currently open Saturdays 9am – 2pm. This position will report to the Chair of the NEPTL Board of Directors.
- Compensation: $15/hour
- Hourly, non-exempt: Part Time. 10hrs/wk
Primary duties and responsibilities:
-Volunteer coordination and recruitment
- Schedule, train, mentor and recruit volunteers
- Organize volunteer trainings and appreciations
- Attend monthly Board Meeting to give Volunteer Report (~1hr)
–Be present at the library for current open hours (Sat 9:00am-2:00pm). Additional work for coordination can be done remotely. Once NEPTL resumes normal hours (Tues and Weds 5:30-7:30pm, Sat 9:00am-2:00pm) the coordinator will be required to be present during the first portion of each shift. Duties include:
- Open the library doors, assist in set-up duties and ensure volunteers are prepared
- Assist as needed in general organization of tools, database, and operations
- Other duties may be assigned by the Board Chair
The NEPTL Coordinator will be:
- A welcoming and inclusive representative of this community organization
- A self-directed problem solver
- Someone who works well with a diverse group of volunteers and members
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
NEPTL is committed to hiring without discrimination against individuals on the basis of race,color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
- Beyond the open hours of the library, the weekly schedule is largely flexible.
- Finalists may be subject to a background check.
- Our library has COVID safety protocols in place including strict masking requirements. Further details by request.
Email a cover letter, resume, and two references to email@example.com with the subject line:
“NEPTL Coordinator.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.